All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £34.04
- £6.95Trending at £10.27
- £14.33Trending at £17.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.39
- £24.06Trending at £27.07
- £29.31Trending at £31.56
- £22.50Trending at £29.20
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a case-based approach to the understanding of common and important sleep disorders as well as primary neurological sleep disorders. Case histories are written by experts from University College London Hospitals with long-standing experience of providing a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of sleep disorders.
- Author BiographyDr Himender Makker is a Consultant Respiratory Physician with a special interest in sleep apnoea. He developed interest in sleep medicine while working as a Senior Registrar at the Birmingham Heartlands Hospital (1995-1997). On his appointment as a Consultant at UCLH in 1997, he developed a sleep service and established protocols and guidelines for the management of sleep apnoea. He created sleep research group in collaboration with neuropsychologists and medical physicists to investigate neuropsychological impairment in sleep apnoea. The research was funded by the CDRC grant, presented at the conferences, published in peer review journals, and contributed to MD of a research fellow. He organises and teaches at sleep apnoea the NE Thames Respiratory SpRs study days and the UCLH sleep apnoea course. He has a wider experience of raising awareness of sleep-disordered breathing through writing articles for the local newspaper and health magazines, and interview/talks on Radio and TV. Prof Matthew Walker graduated from Cambridge University and St Thomas' Hospital in 1989, and is now Professor of Neurology at the Institute of Neurology, UCL and Consultant Neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. He specializes in epilepsy, neurological sleep disorders, and video-EEG telemetry. In addition, he has an active research laboratory investigating synaptic physiology and epilepsy. He is also associate editor of Epilepsia and Therapeutic Advances in Neurological Disorders, an executive member of the Joint Epilepsy Council of Great Britain and Ireland and a council member of the UK chapter of the ILAE. Dr Hugh Selsick graduated with a BSc in Physiology, a BSc Honours in Experimental Physiology and MBBCh at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. He is the lead consultant psychiatrist at the Insomnia Clinic in the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine/University College London Hospitals and also works as a consultant in sleep medicine at the Sleep Disorders Centre at Guyas Hospital in London. He is the chair of the Sleep Working Group in the Faculty of Neuropsychiatry at the Royal College of Psychiatrists. His special interests are insomnia and the relationship between sleep and psychiatric disorders. Mr Bhik Kotecha graduated from Cardiff in 1984 and started his training in ENT in Manchester as an SHO and a Registrar. He then moved to Sussex University to complete his M.Phil. thesis on Ototoxicity before joining Royal National Throat, Nose & Ear Hospital as a Senior Registrar. He was appointed as an ENT Consultant in 1995 and has helped in establishing the Sleep disorder Unit at RNTNEH. In 2004, we were awarded the Hospital Doctor Team of the Year award for Sleep Medicine. He is an examiner for MRCS at Royal College of Surgeons of England and an assistan Editor for Journal of Laryngology and Otology. He is the immediate past president of the Sleep Medicine Section at the Royal Society of Medicine (2009-2011). Ama Johal is a Senior Clinical Lecturer /Hon. Consultant Orthodontist at Bart's and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London. He is both Academic and Clinical lead for Orthodontics, within the Institute of Dentistry. Both his research and clinical work has been rewarded with numerous National and International prizes and grants. His research interests include the impact of quality of life in orthodontics and the management of patients with sleep-related breathing disorders, in which he has published widely. His specialist Clinical interests include multidisciplinary care of patients with orthodontic-restorative needs and sleep disorders management using mandibular advancement appliances. He is a member of The Angle Society of Europe.
- Author(s)Ama Johal,Bhik Kotecha,Himender Makker,Hugh Selsick,Matthew Walker
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight656 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.