All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of the Oxford Textbooks in Anaesthesia series, this book provides a comprehensive and detailed overview of all aspects of anaesthesia for oral and maxillofacial surgery. This area represents one of the most common indications for anaesthesia worldwide and an understanding of this subject is key to the safe practice of anaesthesia.
- Author BiographyDr Shaw was born and educated in Edinburgh, Scotland. Before studying medicine at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University, he graduated with a First Class Honours degree in Pharmacology from the University of Bradford and was subsequently awarded a PhD by Cambridge University. He trained in anaesthesia and intensive care in the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford and the teaching hospitals of Newcastle upon Tyne. For the past 20 years Dr Shaw has been a Consultant Anaesthetist and an honorary Clinical Lecturer in the teaching hospitals of Newcastle upon Tyne. His areas of clinical practice include: anaesthesia for oral and maxillofacial surgery; ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery; and upper gastrointestinal surgery, in particular major oesophageal surgery. For the past eleven years Dr Shaw was a Royal College of Anaesthetists Final Fellowship examiner and chairman of the Final Fellowship Clinical Science Oral examination. Professor Chandra Kumar is a Consultant Anaesthetist based at The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK. His interests include ophthalmic, regional, elderly and colorectal anaesthesia. He has edited 5 textbooks and published widely in peer review journals in all aspects of anaesthesia. He has lectured and conducted master classes on ophthalmic regional anaesthesia in all the continents and prestigious organisations such as World Congress of Anaesthesiology, World Congress of Regional Anaesthesia, American Academy of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Anesthesia Society, American Society of Anesthesiologists, Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland and many others. He founded British Ophthalmic Anaesthesia Society (BOAS) and is its current President and International President, 3rd World Congress of Ophthalmic Anaesthesia (Turkey). He is also examiner for the Final FFARCSI examinations for The College of Anaesthetists, Dublin.
- PrizesCommended for BMA Medical Book Competition: Anaesthesia Category 2011.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/06/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Textbook in Anaesthesia
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note37 black-and-white line drawings, 80 black-and-white photos, and 16 page colour plate section
- Weight984 g
- Width196 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChandra Kumar,Chris Dodds,Dr. Ian Shaw
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.01Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.