All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Donald E. Canfield
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- GenreNatural History: General
- Series TitleScience Essentials
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note8 color illus. 20 halftones. 35 line illus.
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments ix Preface xi Chapter 1. What Is It about Planet Earth? 1 Chapter 2. Life before Oxygen 13 Chapter 3. Evolution of Oxygenic Photosynthesis 26 Chapter 4. Cyanobacteria: The Great Liberators 41 Chapter 5. What Controls Atmospheric Oxygen Concentrations? 56 Chapter 6. The Early History of Atmospheric Oxygen: Biological Evidence 72 Chapter 7. The Early History of Atmospheric Oxygen: Geological Evidence 85 Chapter 8. The Great Oxidation 98 Chapter 9. Earth's Middle Ages: What Came after the GOE 110 Chapter 10. Neoproterozoic Oxygen and the Rise of Animals 123 Chapter 11. Phanerozoic Oxygen 138 Chapter 12. Epilogue 153 Notes 159 References 175 Index 189
- Author BiographyDonald E. Canfield is professor of ecology at the University of Southern Denmark.
- PrizesWinner of ASLI Choice Book Awards: History Category 2014.
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £53.47Trending at £83.35
- £15.76Trending at £19.94
- £44.85Trending at £59.89
- £11.61Trending at £12.43
- £28.27Trending at £44.91
- £11.64Trending at £11.75
- £3.58Trending at £5.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.