All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book considers evidence for Germanic goddesses in England and on the Continent, and argues on the basis of linguistic and onomastic evidence that modern scholarship has tended to focus too heavily on the notion of divine functions or spheres of activity, rather than considering localities and social structures.
- Author BiographyPhilip A. Shaw is Lecturer in English Language and Old English, University of Leicester, UK.
- Author(s)Philip A. Shaw
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in Early Medieval History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £13.26
- £16.76Trending at £20.64
- £10.16Trending at £14.51
- £11.45Trending at £11.92
- £16.99Trending at £17.19
- £9.58Trending at £12.99
- £10.29Trending at £11.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.