All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten from an archaeological perspective, Painted Caves is a beautifully illustrated introduction to the oldest art of Western Europe: the very ancient paintings found in caves. Lawson offers an up to date overview of the geographical distribution of the sites and their significance within the varied network of Palaeolithic art.
- Author BiographyAndrew Lawson has been a professional archaeologist for nearly 40 years. After a spell as a research assistant for the University of Chicago, he worked for 10 years as a prehistorian in the Norfolk Museums Service. He held the post of Unit Director/Chief Executive of the Trust for Wessex Archaeology, one of Britain's leading professional practices, for 20 years. Throughout his career he has visited rock art sites in Europe and elsewhere. He has excavated sites of all periods, published a wide range of archaeological papers, has lectured to university and extra-mural courses, and has led specialist tours to prehistoric sites in many countries.
- Author(s)Andrew J. Lawson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note202 in text illustrations; 8 pp plate section
- Weight1258 g
- Width194 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.52Trending at £10.84
- £17.99Trending at £21.06
- £16.99Trending at £21.06
- £28.61Trending at £36.00
- £11.89Trending at £13.69
- £2.39Trending at £3.04
- £30.00Trending at £34.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.