All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have a working knowledge of Haskell, this book shows you how to use the language's many APIs and frameworks for writing parallel and concurrent programs. You'll learn how parallelism exploits multicore processors to speed up computation-heavy programs and how concurrency enables you to write programs with threads for multiple interactions.
- Author BiographyOne of the lead developers of GHC, by far the most-used Haskell compiler in the world. Simon implemented virtually all the technology that the book would be covering. He taught a summer school on this material last year, and is teaching another one this year http://www-hpc.cea.fr/SummerSchools2012-CS.htm Simon is a lead figure in the Haskell community. He chaired the Haskell 2010 committee, and is the editor of the Haskell 2010 report, the latest revision of the language.
- Author(s)Simon Marlow
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight508 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £9.87
- £13.86Trending at £14.40
- £41.00Trending at £50.27
- £8.19Trending at £12.10
- £23.41Trending at £25.65
- £20.64Trending at £22.16
- £17.46Trending at £19.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.