All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)N. E. Beckage
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/10/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight557 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
- Table Of ContentsDedication. Foreword. Preface. List of Contributors. Part I. Host-parasite hormonal interactions: New insights: how parasites and pathogens alter the endocrine physiology and development of insect hosts-- N.E. Beckage; The life history and development of polyembryonic parasitoids-- M.R. Strand, M. Grbic; Schistosome parasites induce physiological changes in their snail host by interfering with two regulatory systems, the internal defense system and the neuroendocrine system M. de Jong-Brink, R.M. Hoek, W. Lageweb, and A.B. Smit; Infection with Echinostoma Paraensei (Digenea) induces parasite-reactive polypeptides in the hemolymph of the gastropod host biomphalaria glabrata-- C.M. Adema, L.A. Hertel, and E.S. Loker; The growth hormone-like factor from plerocercoids of the tapeworm Spirometra mansonoides is a multifunctional protein-- C.K. Phares; Peptides- an emerging force in host responses to parasitism-- I. Fairweather . Part II. Parasitism and reproduction: Testosterone and immunosuppression in vertebrates: implications for parasite-mediated sexual selection-- N. Hillgarth, J.C. Wingfield; Host embryonic and larval castration as a strategy for the individual castrator and the species-- J.J. Brown and D. A. Reed; The role of endocrinological versus nutritional influences in mediating reproductive changes in insect host and insect vectors-- H. Hurd and T. Webb . Section III. Parasites, pathogens, and host behavior: Behavioral abnormalities and disease caused by viral infections of the central nervous system-- C.G. Hatalaski and W. I. Lipkin; Effects of hormones on behavioral defenses against parasites-- B.L. Hart; How parasites alter the behavior of their insect hosts-- S.A.Adamo; Parasites, fluctuating asymmetry, and sexual selection-- M. Polak; Hormones an sex-specific traits: critical questions-- D. K. Hews, M.C. Moore; Host behavior modification: an evolutinary perspective-- A.M. Kuris; The ecology of parasites in a salt marsh ecosystem-- K.D. Lafferty. Index.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.