All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/07/2012
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight618 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byHans Bode
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
- Table Of ContentsThe history of parenteral alimentation.- The regulation of energy intake by developing and adult animals.- Factors influencing amino acid utilization.- Amino Acid Requirements in childhood.- Intravenous carbohydrate tolerance in infancy.- Substrate supply and utilization in various conditions.- The utilization of xylitol, fructose and sorbitol.- Fatty acid oxidation during development.- Utilization and tolerance of intravenous fat emulsions.- Alcohol metabolism during development.- Fluid and electrolyte requirements and tolerance.- Trace elements and vitamins.- The rapid rehabilitation of severely undernourished children.- Technique of total parenteral nutrition in infants.- Postoperative parenteral feeding of neonates: Peripheral vein infusion technique, fat administration and metabolic studies.- Controlled parenteral nutrition of premature infants.- Total intravenous alimentation in low birth weight premature infants.- Intrauterine amino acid feeding of the fetus.- The role and effect of parenteral nutrition on the liver and its use in chronic inflammatory bowel disease in childhood.- Parenteral nutrition of renal disease.- Parenteral nutrition in critical illness.- Parenteral Nutrition in Children with Burns.- Experience in the Shriners Burns Institute in Cincinnati.- Experience in the Shriners Burns Institute in Boston.- Experience with central venous catheters.- Metabolic complications of total parenteral nutrition.- Infection in association with intravenous feeding.- Contributors.- Author Index.
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.