All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwenty-two translated short stories take the reader on a journey around Paris by metro. From the 15th-century account of Saint Genevieve, patron saint of Paris, through Zola and Maupassant, to Martine Delerm in the 20th century, each tale evokes a different aspect of this beguiling city. An itinerary, map, and photographs complement the stories.
- Author BiographyHelen Constantine taught languages in schools until 2000, when she became a full-time translator. She has published two volumes of translated stories, Paris Tales and French Tales, and is currently editing a series of City Tales for Oxford University Press. She has translated Mademoiselle de Maupin by Theophile Gautier and Dangerous Liaisons by Choderlos de Laclos for Penguin. She is married to the writer David Constantine and with him edits the international magazine Modern Poetry in Translation.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleCity Tales
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteNumerous black-and-white photographs
- Weight357 g
- Width125 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byHelen Constantine
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £10.32Trending at £13.47
- £10.48Trending at £12.99
- £9.62Trending at £11.51
- £9.52Trending at £12.03
- £7.64Trending at £7.98
- £6.59Trending at £8.98
- £7.44Trending at £9.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.