All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir of Rachel Margolis, the sole survivor of her family, who escaped from the Vilna Ghetto with other members of the resistance movement, the FPO (United Partisan Organization), and joined the Soviet partisans in the forests of Lithuania to sabotage the Nazis.
- Author BiographyAfter the Holocaust, Rachel Margolis received a Ph.D. in biology in and taught until the late 1980's. She then co-founded Lithuania's only real Holocaust museum, the Green House in Vilnius. She is also responsible for the discovery and transcription of the Kazimierz Sakowicz diary, published here in the US under the title, Ponary Diary: A Bystander's Account of Mass Murder (Yale University Press, 2004).
- Author(s)Rachel Margolis
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleJews of Poland
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Note16
- Weight916 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMarjorie Margolis
- Translated byF. Jackson Piotrow
- Introduction byAntony Polonsky
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.74
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.