All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPastoralism has shaped livelihoods and landscapes on the African continent for millennia. Mobile livestock husbandry has generally been portrayed as an economic strategy that successfully met the challenges of low biomass productivity and environmental variability in arid and semi-arid environments.
- Author BiographyMichael Bollig is Professor of Social and Cultural Anthropology at the University of Cologne. His publications include Risk Management in a Hazardous Environment: A Comparative Study of Two Pastoral Societies (Springer, 2006); The Practice of War: Production, Reproduction and Communication of Armed Violence (with A. Rao and M. Bock, Berghahn Books, 2007); and African Landscapes: Interdisciplinary Approaches (with O. Bubenzer, Springer, 2009). Michael Schnegg is Professor of Social and Cultural Anthropology at the University of Hamburg, Germany. His research aims to understand how people in Sub-Saharan Africa value, use, and govern ecosystem services in an increasingly deterritorialized world. Hans-Peter Wotzka is Professor of Prehistoric Archaeology at the University of Cologne. His publications include Aridity, Change and Conflict in Africa (with Michael Bollig, Olaf Bubenzer and Ralf Vogelsang, Heinrich-Barth-Institut, 2007) and Proceedings of the Third International Conference on the Archaeology of the Fourth Nile Cataract (Heinrich-Barth-Institut, 2012).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note72 figs & ills, 12 maps
- Weight889 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byHans-Peter Wotzka,Michael Bollig,Michael Schnegg
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.42Trending at £12.75
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
- £32.38Trending at £32.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.