Best selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £24.18Trending at £26.74
- £16.04Trending at £16.68
- £6.77Trending at £8.09
- £27.74Trending at £28.84
- £22.58Trending at £28.15
- £20.55Trending at £21.69
- £9.86Trending at £10.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume an international roster of scholars offers theoretical perspectives, research reviews and empirical studies on teaching, learning and language development in immersion education. The editors bring together research from three distinct branches, including foreign language, bilingual and indigenous immersion programs.
- Author BiographyTara Williams Fortune is an Immersion Teaching Specialist and Coordinator of the Immersion Projects at the Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition at the University of Minnesota. She is founding editor of The American Council on Immersion Education (ACIE) Newsletter, a publication written for and by immersion practitioners that is currently in its 14th year of dissemination. Her professional and research interests focus on struggling immersion learners, K-8 oral proficiency development of immersion students, and language and literacy development in early total Chinese immersion programs. Diane Tedick is Associate Professor of Second Languages and Cultures Education at the University of Minnesota. For over 20 years she has worked in the preparation of preservice teachers and ongoing professional development of inservice teachers representing a variety of language teaching contexts: immersion and bilingual programs, world languages, and ESL. Her professional and research interests focus on the pedagogy required for successful integration of language and content instruction, student oral language proficiency development in immersion programs, and language teacher development.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2008
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 66
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight398 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDiane J. Tedick,Tara Williams Fortune
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.