All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTakes the reader on a journey to the settings where lovers have come together for a moment, a night or a lifetime. Chosen from those places in her travels where she has come upon a story that has fired the imagination, the author writes of Nelson and Lady Hamilton's affair conducted in a modest house near Wimbledon.
- Author BiographyLesley Blanch, 1904-2007, was at heart a nomad. She travelled extensively and adventurously throughout her extraordinary life although her great passion was always for the Middle East and Russia. Married to the French diplomat and writer, Romain Gary, for 18 years, Blanch became arts features editor of Vogue in the thirties and turned to writing and journalism soon after. She was Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and the author of The Sabres of Paradise, Pierre Loti (both Tauris Parke Paperbacks) and the bestselling The Wilder Shores of Love among many others. At the time of her death she was writing her autobiography, the sequel to her acclaimed Journey Into the Mind's Eye. An inspiration to generations of writers, readers and travellers, Lesley Blanch was, in the words of Philip Mansel, not a school, a trend, or a fashion, but a true original.
- Author(s)Lesley Blanch
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2008
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Parke Paperbacks
- Weight213 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.34Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.34Trending at £30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.