All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £52.10Trending at £54.99
- £25.56Trending at £28.79
- £34.69Trending at £40.76
- £22.72Trending at £27.18
- £20.53Trending at £21.06
- £16.04Trending at £17.71
- £15.90Trending at £16.57
About this product
- DescriptionCovers the development of taxation systems, expenditure programs, and debt regimes in Europe from the early nineteenth century to the beginning of World War I.
- Author BiographyJose Luis Cardoso is Research Professor at the Institute of Social Science of the University of Lisbon. He was full professor of economics and history of economics at the Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal, and visiting professor at several Portuguese and foreign universities. He is coauthor of A History of Portuguese Economic Thought (1998) and author of several books on the Portuguese history of economics from a comparative perspective. He has published in History of Political Economy, European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Journal of the History of Economic Thought, History of Economic Ideas, Journal of Socio-Economics, History of European Ideas, Studies in the History and Philosophy of Science, Financial History Review, and Economies et Societes. His research interests also include the economic history and methodology of economics. He is the general editor of the series Classics of Portuguese Economic Thought and co-founder and co-editor of the European Journal of the History of Economic Thought. Pedro Lains is Research Professor at the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Lisbon. He is editor of Analise Social, Secretary-General of the European Historical Economics Society, and member of the Instituto Laureano Figuerola at the Universidad Carlos III, Madrid. He was Director of Imprensa de Ciencias Sociais (2004-7) and President of the Portuguese Economic and Social History Association (2003-7). He has published in Analise Social, European Review of Economic History, Explorations in Economic History, Historical Research, Open Economies Review, Research in Economic History, Revista de Historia Economica, and Scandinavian Economic History Review. His most recent books are Historia Economica de Portugal, 1700-2000 (2005, with A. Ferreira da Silva); Classical Trade Protectionism, 1815-1914 (2006, with J.-P. Dormois); Em Nome da Europa, 1986-2006 (2007, with M. Costa Lobo); Historia da Caixa Geral de Depositos, 1910-1974 (vol. 2, 2008); Agriculture and Economic Development in Europe since 1870 (2008, with V. Pinilla); and Portugal sem Fronteiras: Os novos horizontes da economia portuguesa (2009).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/02/2010
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus. 1 map 28 tables
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJose Luis Cardoso,Pedro Lains
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.