All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an overview of recent research and applications in computer system performance for scientific and high performance computing. After a brief introduction to the field of scientific computer performance, this text provides comprehensive coverage of performance measurement and tools, performance modeling, and automatic performance tuning.
- Author BiographyDavid Bailey is a chief technologist in the High Performance Computational Research Department at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Dr. Bailey has published several books and numerous research studies on computational and experimental mathematics. He has been a recipient of the ACM Gordon Bell Prize, the IEEE Sidney Fernbach Award, and the MAA Chauvenet Prize and Merten Hasse Prize. Robert Lucas is the director of computational sciences in the Information Sciences Institute and a research associate professor in computer science in the Viterbi School of Engineering at the University of Southern California. Dr. Lucas has many years of experience working with high-end defense, national intelligence, and energy applications and simulations. His linear solvers are the computational kernels of electrical and mechanical CAD tools. Samuel Williams is a researcher in the Future Technologies Group at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Dr. Williams has authored or co-authored thirty technical papers, including several award-winning papers. His research interests include high-performance computing, auto-tuning, computer architecture, performance modeling, and VLSI.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note114 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDavid H. Bailey,Robert F. Lucas,Samuel Williams
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.