All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ruth Cochrane,Sheila Broderick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Weight396 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsForeword. About the authors. Introduction. Types of losses. Bad and sad news. Initial grief reactions. Patient-centred care. Support for staff. Labour and delivery. When something goes wrong in labour. What to do with the baby. Tests, post-mortems and paperwork. Funeral arrangements including burial and cremation. Support for parents after the death and the longer lasting effects of grief. The next pregnancy. Training. Index.
- Author BiographySheila Broderick is Senior Women's Health Counsellor at University Hospital Lewisham. She has worked there for 15 years, offering a direct service to bereaved women and their families, as well as working with her colleagues in a multi- disciplinary team to improve services for patients who suffer a pregnancy loss. Before becoming a counsellor, Sheila worked in the voluntary sector following her initial training as a social worker. She has worked with people with mental health problems, in a therapeutic drug rehabilitation centre and offers teaching and training in adult education. Ruth Cochrane is Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at University Hospital Lewisham. She has been a consultant since 1997 and is a busy generalist with interests in high- risk obstetrics, major benign gynaecological surgery and undergraduate education. She became a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2003. Ruth developed an interest in the management of perinatal loss while she was a registrar, undertaking specialist training at the Tavistock Centre and supported ever since by her midwifery colleagues.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.42Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.