All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Personal Relationships, Second Edition is one of the most important publications in psychology in recent years. However, the expense of this comprehensive volume is beyond the budgets of many young psychologists and students, or for those who may want to focus on one aspect of personal relationships.
- Author BiographySTEVE DUCK is the Daniel and Amy Starch Distinguished Research Professor at the University of Iowa and has been a keen promoter of the field of personal relationships research since it was formed. He co-founded the first International Conference on Personal Relationships in 1982, and was founder and first editor of the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, first President of the International Network on Personal Relationships, the professional organisation for the research field, and editor of the first edition of the Handbook of Personal Relationships. The Steve Duck New Scholar award was endowed and named in his honour by a group of independent scholars to recognize his promotion of the work of younger professionals and his dedication to developing the field. BARBARA R. SARASON, Research Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Washington, has worked extensively in the research areas of stress,coping, social support, and the role personal relationships play in health and well-being. She has published more than 100 articles and book chapters in these areas as well as work on psychological strategies to promote prosocial behaviour and the influence of cultural factors on family and social relationships, especially among immigrants and minority groups. She is co-editor of several books, inclduing four on social support and one on cognitive interference and anxiety in social situations and is currently an associate editor of the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2000
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleWiley Series on Social and Personal Relationships
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width159 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBarbara R. Sarason,Steve Duck
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.81Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.