All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith updated case studies, examples and experiments as well as a chapter on modeling and simulations, this title includes advances in wireline logging interpretation methods, effective media models, inversion of resistivity log measurements, dipole acoustic shear and Stoneley wave techniques, Biot-Gassmann models, and MRI.
- Author BiographyDjebbar Tiab is the Senior Professor of Petroleum Engineering at the University of Oklahoma, and Petroleum Engineering consultant. He received his B.Sc. (May 1974) and M.Sc. (May 1975) degrees from the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, and his Ph.D. degree (July 1976) from the University of Oklahoma-all in petroleum engineering. He is the Director of the University of Oklahoma Graduate Program in Petroleum Engineering in Algeria. At the University of Oklahoma, he taught fifteen different petroleum and general engineering courses including: well test analysis, petrophysics, oil reservoir engineering, natural gas engineering, and properties of reservoir fluids. Dr. Tiab has consulted for a number of oil companies and offered training programs in petroleum engineering in the USA and overseas. He worked for over two years in the oilfields of Algeria for Alcore, S.A., an association of Sonatrach and Core Laboratories. He has also worked and consulted for Core Laboratories and Western Atlas in Houston, Texas, for four years as a Senior Reservoir Engineer Advisor. Erle C. Donaldson began his career as a pilot plant project manager for Signal Oil and Gas Research in Houston, Texas. Later he joined the U.S. Bureau of Mines Petroleum Research Center in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, as a project manager of subsurface disposal and industrial wastes and reservoir characterization; when the laboratory was transferred to the U.S. Department of Energy, Dr. Donaldson continued as chief of petroleum reservoir characterization. When the laboratory shifted to private industry for operations, he joined the faculty of the School of Petroleum and Geological Engineering at the University of Oklahoma as associate professor. Since retiring from the university in 1990, he has consulted for various oil companies, universities, and U.S. agencies including: the Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Navy Ordinance Center, King Fahd Research Institute of Saudi Arabia, and companies in the U.S., Brazil, Venezuela, Bolivia, and Thailand.
- Author(s)Djebbar Tiab,Erle C. Donaldson
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content NoteApprox. 450 illustrations
- Weight1451 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- cowboybeeboop01 Jun, 2013by
This book is maybe the bible of petrophysics, very good for the beginners.
Sostanzialmente contiene tutto quello che può servire a chi lavora nella petrofisica. Ovviamente è un testo di teoria manca quindi una parte di concreta applicazione dei concetti. Ciò nonostante si mantiene come uno dei testi più completi del settore.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59