All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 46 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight432 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byGianni Paulis,Giorgio Cavallini
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Anatomy of the penis, with special attention to the tunica albuginea and the corpora cavernosa.- Epidemiology.- Etiology and risk factors.- Nosology.- Natural history.- Experimental models and laboratory research.- Symptoms, their physiopathology, and outpatient clinical practice and diagnosis.- Congenital and acquired penile curvature: relationships and differences.- Psychological aspects of Peyronie's disease.- Imaging.- Therapy: a general approach.- Medical therapy.- Combination therapy.- Surgical therapy: Why and when? An overview.- Advanced techniques of plication surgery with basal approach: Why and when?.- Corporoplasty: Why and when?.- Plaque surgery: Why and when?.- Surgical techniques for difficult and complicated cases.- Future perspectives.
- Author BiographyGiorgio Cavallini graduated in Medicine and Surgery summa cum laude in 1980 and then specialized in General Surgery; he also holds a PhD in Experimental and Molecular Pathology. Dr. Cavallini was Senior Assistant in the Department of Urology of the Hospital of Adria, Italy, and Head of Andrology in this department, from 1986 to 2000, since which time he has been a freelance andrologist. Dr. Cavallini is the author/coauthor of more than a hundred papers in international journals. He holds three international patents and co-holds four others and is a long-term patent consultant for Upjohn, Synthlabo, and Sigma-Tau. Dr. Cavallini is a Fellow of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology and is a referee for a number of leading journals in the field. Gianni Paulis graduated in Medicine and Surgery summa cum laude in 1981 and then specialized in Urology and Andrology. Dr. Gianni Paulis has a degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University La Sapienza in Rome, Italy, and is a specialist in Urology (Rome) and in Endocrinology-Andrology (Pisa). Dr. Paulis is currently an Andrologist Consultant at the Regina Apostolorum Hospital in Rome where he directs the Center of Andrology. He also heads the Center for the Treatment of Peyronie's disease and is one of the most experienced Peyronie's specialist in Italy. Dr. Paulis is author/coauthor of more than a hundred papers in international journals and has been an invited speaker at numerous national and international congresses. He is a Fellow of various societies, including the Italian Society for Andrology and the Italian Society for Urology. Dr. Paulis is a referee for many journals in the field.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.