All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.73Trending at £26.51
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £10.16Trending at £14.46
- £9.48Trending at £10.20
- £11.45Trending at £16.99
- £12.01Trending at £12.98
- £5.80Trending at £8.14
About this product
- DescriptionA discussion of the oratory of Phillips Brooks, a 19th-century Episcopal clergyman and author of the carol, O Little Town of Bethlehem . It focuses on his Brooks' oratorical style and the public's response to his rhetoric, and also provides a biographical sketch of his life.
- Author BiographyDAVID B. CHESEBROUGH is a member of the graduate faculty with the Department of History at Illinois State University. He is the author of God Ordained This War (1991), No Sorrow Like Our Sorrow (1994), Clergy Dissent in the Old South (1996), Frederick Douglass: Oratory from Slavery (Greenwood, 1998) and of Theodore Parker: Orator of Superior Ideas (Greenwood, 1999).
- Author(s)David B. Chesebrough
- Date of Publication28/02/2001
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleGreat American Orators
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 30
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight486 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.