Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.91Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2015
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Series TitleLogos Studies in Language & Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight6599 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byPaul Carley
- Contained items statementContains 6 Hardbacks
- Table Of ContentsVol. I Harold Palmer * Palmer, Harold E. (1915) What is Phonetics? An answer to this question in the form of 12 letters from a phonetician to a non-phonetic friend. London: International Phonetic Association. * Palmer, Harold E. (1917) A First Course in English Phonetics. Cambridge: Heffer. * Palmer, Harold E. (1925) Concerning Pronunciation. Tokyo: Institute for Research in English Teaching. * Palmer, H. E. (1925) Progressive Exercises in the English Phones. Tokyo: Institute for Research in English Teaching. * Davies, H. H. (1929) The Mollusc. A comedy in three acts. Annotated phonetic edition with tone-marks by Dorothee Palmer. Cambridge: Heffer. Vol. II Phonetic Texts * True, E. T. and Jespersen, O. (1891) Spoken English: Everyday Talk with Phonetic Transcription. Leipzig: O. R. Reisland. * Noel-Armfield, G. (1914) English Humour in Phonetic Transcript. Cambridge: Heffer. * Armstrong, Lilias (1923) An English Phonetic Reader. London: University of London Press. * Palmer, H. E. (1927) Some Specimens of English Phonetic Transcription. Tokyo: Institute for Research in English Teaching. * Scott, N. C. (1942) English Conversations in Simplified Phonetic Transcription. Cambridge: Heffer. * Anon. (n.d.) English Phonetic Reader. Printed for the Department of Phonetics, University College, London, for Private Circulation. * Pring, J. & Germer, R. (1962) A New English Phonetic Reader. Dortmund: L. Lensing. * A selection of English phonetic texts from Le Maitre phonetique (Journal of the International Phonetic Association) Vol. III C. K. Ogden's Basic English * Rantz, J (1936) Sounds and Forms of Basic English. London: Kegan Paul. * Lloyd James, A (1937) Basic Phonetic Reader. London: Nelson. * Lloyd James, A. (1932) Talks on English Speech: A Short Gramophone Course of English Pronunciation. London: Linguaphone Institute. * Ogden, C. K. and Catford, J. C. (1950) Word-Stress and Sentence-Stress: A Practical and Theoretical Guide for Teachers of Basic English. London: Basic English Pub. Co. Vol. IV Edmund Tilley and H. A. Harman * Tilley, Edmund (1925) English Sound Lists for Near East Students. Constantinople: Robert College. * Tilley, Edmund (1930) English Sound Drills. Cambridge: Heffer. * Tilley, Edmund (1930) First Steps in English Conversation. Constantinople: Robert College. * Harman, H A (1931) Sounds of English Speech. London: Longmans. * Harman, H A (1933) English Pronunciation Exercises. London: Longmans. Vol. V MacCarthy, Tibbitts, Kingdon, and selected articles from Le Maitre phonetique * Tibbitts, L (1946) A Phonetic Reader for Foreign Learners of English. Cambridge: Heffer. * Tibbitts, L (1947/8) Pronunciation Difficulties: Corrective Treatment. English Language Teaching. * Tibbitts, L. (1967) English Stress Patterns: Practice Material. Cambridge: Heffer. * Kingdon, R (1955?) The Teaching of English Intonation. London: British Council. [reprinted from English Language Teaching vol. II nos 4, 5, 6 and vol. III no. 1 (1948)] * MacCarthy, P. A. D. (1956) English Conversation Reader in Phonetic Transcription with Intonation Marks. London: Longmans. * MacCarthy, P. A. D. (1965) Practice Book of English Speech. London: Oxford University Press. * A selection of articles from Le Maitre phonetique Vol. VI J. D. O'Connor * O'Connor, J. D. (1948) New Phonetic Readings from Modern English Literature. Berne: Francke. * O'Connor, J. D. (1949) Teaching English Intonation. Copenhagen: Hirschsprung. * O'Connor, J. D. (1954) A Course of English Pronunciation. London: BBC. * O'Connor, J. D. (1956) Course of English Intonation. London: BBC. * O'Connor, J. D. (1956) English Intonation Course. Stockholm: Radiotjanst.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.