All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/04/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight793 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byLawrence Challis
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1976
- Table Of ContentsKapitza Conductance and Surfaces.- The Thermal Boundary Resistance (invited paper).- Reflection Coefficient of Phonons between 15 and 200 GHz at a Solid-Liquid Helium Interface.- A Model of Inelastic Heat-Transfer Mechanism for the Excess Kapitza Conductance.- A New Kapitza Investigation: Detecting Backscattered Phonons with Tunnel Junction and Bolometer Simultaneously.- The Angular Distribution of Phonons Radiated from the Cleaved 100 Faces of NaF, KCl, and MgO into Liquid 4He.- Energy Transfer between a Solid and Helium by Excited Atoms.- Path-Integral Formulation of the Theory of Thermal Boundary Resistance.- The Role of Electrons in the Kapitza Resistance of Lead.- Influence of Dislocations on the Kapitza Conductance of Clean Copper Surfaces.- Influence of Surface Contamination on the Kapitza Conductance of Copper, Silver, Molybdenum, and Beryllium.- A Direct Approach to Finite Phonon Transport (Realistic Transfer at Boundaries).- Reflection of Phonons in Liquid 4He from Solid Surfaces.- The Thermal Boundary Resistance at Epoxy-Resin/Metal Interfaces at Liquid Helium Temperatures.- Determination of Kapitza Conductance from the Velocity of Destruction of Superconductivity by Current.- Computer-Simulated Scattering of Envelope Soliton from Impurity and Interface in a One-Dimensional Nonlinear Lattice.- Surface Phonon Scattering by Density Fluctuation on Solid Surfaces.- Theory of Rayleigh Wave Scattering by Mass Defects and Surface Roughness.- Phonon Diffusion in a Temperature Gradient.- Phonon Diffusion and Temperature Field in Metals.- Role of Umklapp in Acoustic Boundary Resistance.- Discussion on Kapitza Conductance and Surfaces.- Second and Zero Sound.- Propagation in Liquid Helium (invited paper).- A First Step Towards Zero Sound in Ionic Crystals.- Low Temperature Thermal Conductivity of (NO3)2Ba, (NO3)2Sr, and (NO3)2Pb Single Crystals.- Ballistic Phonons and the Transition to Second Sound in Solid 3He.- On the Temperature Behavior of Second Sound and Poiseuille Flow in Solids.- The Propagation of High Frequency Thermal Waves in Dieletric Crystals.- Light Scattering from Second Sound in NaF.- Discussion on Second and Zero Sound.- Amorphous Systems.- Phonon Scattering in Amorphous Solids (invited paper).- Low-Energy Phonons in Amorphous Materials (invited paper).- Propagation of Ultrasonic Longitudinal and Transverse Sound Waves in Glasses at Very Low Temperatures.- Phonons in Some Amorphous Solids.- Observation of Direct Interaction between Low-Energy Excitations in Glasses.- Virtual Phonon Exchange in Glasses.- Influence of Phase Separation on the Thermal Conductivity of Potassium Borosilicate Glasses between 1K and 10K.- Influence of OH Content on the Specific Heat and Thermal Conductivity of Vitreous Silica below 1 Kelvin.- The Thermal Conductivity and Diffusivity of Epoxy-Resin from 2 to 80K.- Very Low Frequency Raman Scattering of Glasses.- Brillouin Scattering Study of Thermal Phonons in Crystal Quartz, Fused Quartz, and Borosilicate Glass at Low Temperature.- Discussion on Amorphous Systems.- Magnetic Ions and Molecular Defects.- Spin-Phonon Interactions (invited paper).- Phonon Scattering Induced by Jahn-Teller Impurities.- Resonance Scattering of Phonons at Trigonal Jahn-Teller Centers.- Multimode Jahn-Teller Effects of Ions in Al2O3.- Defect Scattering of Nearly Monochromatic Acoustic Phonons.- Temperature Dependence of the Acoustic Paramagnetic Resonance Spectra for Cr2+ in MgO and KMgF3.- Stress-Induced Changes in the Acoustic Paramagnetic Resonance of Chromous Ions in Magnesium Oxide.- Ultrasonic Relaxation Studies of Cr2+ in MgO.- Contribution to the Study of 3d4 Ions in Al2O3 and MgO by Low Temperature Thermal Conductivity Measurements under Uniaxial Stress.- Heat Pulse Investigations of MgO:Cr2+.- Thermal Conductivity of Irradiated, Additively-Colored, and Deformed MgO.- Phonon Scattering by Ni3+ Ions in Al2O3.- Determination of the Linear Jahn-Teller Coupling Constant of Ni3+ in Al2O3 by Low Temperatu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.