All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe interwoven conception of life and nature in Western thought is explored through the history of the word, physiology. The linguistic character of this word is traced, beginning with its pre-historic basis, developing into its construction in ancient Greek, and flowing into its modern-day usage in science and medicine.
- Author BiographyRick Welch is emeritus dean of Arts and Sciences and professor of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA, and an affiliated research scholar in History and Philosophy of Science, University of Cambridge, UK. His research interests lie at the interface between the biological and physical sciences, as well as the history of science.
- Author(s)George Rick Welch
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- Series TitleNatur, Wissenschaft und die Kuenste / Nature, Science and the Arts / Nature, Science et les Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note9
- Weight400 g
- Width164 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £22.43Trending at £25.80
- £11.94Trending at £12.40
- £24.05Trending at £34.95
- £14.59Trending at £16.57
- £8.77Trending at £11.54
- £11.33Trending at £14.88
- £7.29Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.