All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Pablo Picasso's early The Blue Room to the later Guernica, this book offers a striking reassessment of the artist's paintings from the 1920s and 1930s. It focuses on three central works - the large-scale Guitar and Mandolin on a Table (1924), The Three Dancers (1925), and The Painter and His Model (1927).
- Author BiographyT. J. Clark is George C. and Helen N. Pardee Professor of Art History Emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the author of The Painting of Modern Life (Princeton), The Sight of Death, and Farewell to an Idea, and the coauthor of (with Retort ) Afflicted Powers.
- PrizesCommended for Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award 2013. Shortlisted for Apollo Book of the Year 2013.
- Author(s)T. J. Clark
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe A. W. Mellon Lectures in the Fine Arts
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note95 Color illus. 80 halftones.
- Weight1314 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £121.78
- £5.80Trending at £7.07
- £14.34Trending at £14.40
- £23.91Trending at £29.31
- £36.27Trending at £36.93
- £28.35Trending at £31.55
- £28.91Trending at £36.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.