All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUses photos and diagrams to help readers network their homes or small offices using wired or wireless technology. This book helps readers learn how to select and set up Internet connections, servers and workstations, firewall security, and protective software to minimize risks from malicious code.
- Author BiographyMr. Dennis C. Brewer is a certified network engineer with over twenty four years experience working with computers and networks. He is also the author of four other books that include Wiring Your Digital Home for Dummies , Security Controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 IT Compliance and numerous technology articles. His communications skill, sharpened over an entire career in and out of government, includes any uncanny ability to explain complex technical topics to any non-technical audience. His easy step-by-step instructional methods, combined with a willingness for sharing practical tips and tricks gained from years of hands-on-experience are each keynotes of his contribution to others peoples' ability to quickly learn the technical information he has to share. Dennis C. Brewer has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Michigan Technological University. He is also a certified network engineer and information technology solutions specialist with over twelve years of full time experience in the computer technology field. His most recent experience includes a portfolio of computer security responsibilities including identity management, identity provisioning, and privacy protection initiatives for state government. Over the last ten years Dennis has worked on networking and computer technology from the level of hands-on building and repairing computers all the way to up to setting policy and charting future direction of technology objectives. Dennis' recent writing credits include numerous technology articles on Tech Target, and books: Wiring Your Digital Home for Dummies (Wiley 2006), and Security Controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 IT Compliance (Wiley 2006). His technology consulting client list includes a private university, multiple types of business enterprises, and a Washington DC based consulting firm.
- Author(s)Dennis C. Brewer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight863 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.14
- £32.31Trending at £45.59
- £16.97Trending at £18.07
- £13.67Trending at £16.58
- £24.99Trending at £29.06
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £17.71Trending at £19.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.