All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPilgrimages can be analysed as acts of conflict - such as the Crusades - or also as platforms for relationship building and rapprochement between religions. With a set of contributions from leading experts in the field, this book explores the concept of pilgrimage in Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
- Author BiographyAnton M. Pazos is Vice-director and Senior Research Scientist at the Instituto de Estudios Gallegos 'Padre Sarmiento' (CSIC), President of the Commission Internationale d'Histoire et d'etudes du Christianisme (CIHEC). He has coordinated research projects on pilgrimages like DICAM (Historical Dictionary about the Way of St James in Galicia) and 'Women Pilgrims', and is the organizer of the International Colloquia Compostela on pilgrimages. He works particularly on the contemporary religious history of Spain. He was Director of the journal 'Hispania Sacra', co-editor of the 'Archivo GomA!' -13 volumes documenting the Spanish Primate during the Spanish Civil War- and has directed more than a dozen doctoral dissertations and research projects.
- Author(s)Dr. Anton M. Pazos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleCompostela International Studies in Pilgrimage History and Culture
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 4 b&w illustrations
- Weight678 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Anton M. Pazos
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £12.40
- £24.05Trending at £34.95
- £12.93Trending at £13.48
- £14.59Trending at £16.56
- £8.77Trending at £11.54
- £11.33Trending at £14.88
- £7.29Trending at £8.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.