All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.50Trending at £12.82
- £8.61Trending at £8.87
- £5.50Trending at £9.09
- £8.54Trending at £9.95
- £2.81Trending at £3.61
- £10.12Trending at £12.95
- £18.79Trending at £24.91
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1895, Joshua Slocum, the first man to sail alone around the world, scattered thumbtacks on the sole of Spray to repel an attack by intruders on Tierra Del Fuego. This document suggests what preventive measures sailors can take and advises how they should deal with stress, aggression, and fear when faced with a confrontation.
- Author BiographyKlaus Hympendahl is a German author and sailor. The former owner of an advertising agency, he has completed a five-year circumnavigation. His novel about the Apollonia case, concerning the disappearance of two sailors on a transatlantic race, won him the 2001 German award for best sailing book of the year.
- Author(s)Klaus Hympendahl
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- GenreShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheridan House
- Content Note45 halftones
- Weight522 g
- Width183 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.