All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive reference volume surveys the development of crusts on solid planets and satellites in the solar system.
- Author BiographyRoss Taylor was born in New Zealand and is now an Emeritus Professor at the Australian National University. He is a trace element geochemist and carried out the initial analysis of the first lunar sample returned to Earth at NASA, Houston in 1969. He has a D.Sc. from the University of Oxford, is a Foreign Member of the US National Academy of Sciences. and has received the Goldschmidt Medal of the Geochemical Society, the Leonard Medal of the Meteoritical Society and the Bucher Medal of the American Geophysical Union. He is the author of six other books including Solar System Evolution, Second edition (Cambridge University Press, 2001). Asteroid 5670 is named Rosstaylor in his honour. Scott M. McLennan is Professor of Geochemistry at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. He conducts research into the geochemistry of sedimentary rocks, and has published 140 papers in the fields of geochemistry, planetary science and sedimentology. Since 1998, he has applied laboratory experiments and data returned from missions to Mars to understand the sedimentary processes of that planet, and is on the science teams of the 2003 Mars Exploration Rover and 2001 Mars Odyssey missions. He received a Presidential Young Investigator Award from the National Science Foundation in 1989 and a NASA Group Achievement Award as part of the Mars Exploration Rover Science Operations Team in 2004.
- Author(s)S. Ross Taylor,Scott McLennan
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/12/2008
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Planetary Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 10
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note31 b/w illus. 30 tables
- Weight840 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.