All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on Kuna plant and animal life, social life, and social change as a means of saving traditional ecological knowledge and 'returning' it to the community. This book seeks to develop native self-awareness and provide a model for collaboration. It is suitable for Latin Americanists, anthropologists, and ethnobotanists.
- Author BiographyJAMES HOWE is Professor of Anthropology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is the author of The Kuna Gathering and A People Who Would Not Kneel and has worked closely with the Kuna for more than thirty-five years.
- Author(s)Heraclio Herrera,Jorge Ventocilla,Valerio Nunez
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleLLILAS Translations from Latin America Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note5 b&w photos, 33 line drawings, 3 maps
- Weight681 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byHans Roeder
- Translated byElisabeth King
- Foreword byJames Howe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.82Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.