All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlants seldom figure in the grand narratives of war, peace, or even everyday life, yet they are often at the center of high intrigue. In the 18th century, epic scientific voyages were sponsored by European imperial powers to explore the natural riches of the New World and uncover the botanical secrets of its people. This work covers this topic.
- Author BiographyLonda Schiebinger is John L. Hinds Professor of History of Science and Barbara D. Finberg Director of the Institute for Research on Women and Gender, Stanford University.
- Author(s)Londa Schiebinger
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication18/09/2007
- GenreLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note20 halftones
- Weight430 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.81Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.