All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume covers applications and advanced topics on the theory of plastic design of structures.
- Author BiographyJaques Heyman is the former Head of the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge and the author of ten books, including The Stone Skeleton, Elements of the Theory of Structures, Structural Analysis: A Historical Approach, Elements of Stress Analysis, the two-volume set Plastic Design Frames: Volume 1 Fundamentals and Volume 2 Applications, with Lord Baker, and the forthcoming Basic Structural Theory. He is a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, the Institution of Civil Engineers, and the Royal Academy of Engineering. He acted as a consulting engineer for a number of English cathedrals and as a member of the Architectural Advisory Panel for Westminster Abbey and of the Cathedrals Fabric Commission for England, and he has served on many British Standards committees. The Stone Skeleton won the Choice Outstanding Academic Books Award in 1996.
- Author(s)Jacques Heyman,Sir John Baker
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/02/1971
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note38 tables 68 exercises
- Weight610 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.53Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.