All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying Fair helps you create a learning environment in which your students can grow as problem solvers, decision makers, and team players. Theories and constructs for games help students learn skills, strategies, and concepts that apply both to other games and to other life situations.
- Author BiographyJoy Butler, EdD, is a professor in the department of curriculum and pedagogy at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. She is coordinator of physical education teacher education (PETE), outdoor education, and health programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Born in the United Kingdom, Butler taught secondary school physical education there for 10 years and coached three basketball teams to national finals. Butler is active in international scholarship, organization, and advocacy for TGfU (Teaching Games for Understanding). She founded and chaired the TGfU Task Force in 2002 and aided its evolution into the TGfU SIG in 2006. She directed the 1st and 4th International TGfU conferences in 2001 and 2008. Butler has been invited to give presentations and workshops on TGfU in Finland, Singapore, Australia, Spain, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the UK, Colombia, and Germany. In 2012 she created and has since chaired the TGfU International Advisory Board, composed of 19 individual country representatives. Butler has edited or coedited seven TGfU books.
- Author(s)Dr Joy Butler
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication07/09/2016
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight612 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Pagination296 pp
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.