All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when the Russian theatre was dominated by formulaic melodramas and farces, Chekhov created a new sort of drama that laid bare the everyday lives, loves and yearnings of ordinary people. This book includes an introduction that examines how Chekhov broke with theatrical conventions and discusses each play in detail.
- Author BiographyAnton Chekhov (1860-1904). Chekhov's works available in Penguin Classics are The Steppe and Other Stories, Ward No. 6 and Other Stories, The Lady with the Little Dog and Other Stories, The Shooting Party, Plays and A Life in Letters. Peter Carson learned Russian during National Service in the Navy at the Joint Services School for Linguistics, Crail and London, and at home - his mother's family left Russia after the Bolshevik Revolution. His working life has been spent on the editorial side of London publishing.
- Author(s)Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/07/2002
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content Notechronology, further reading, glossary
- Weight287 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byPeter Carson
- Introduction byRichard Gilman
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £9.03
- £8.66Trending at £8.88
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.27Trending at £9.97
- £7.33Trending at £7.78
- £7.19Trending at £9.99
- £7.25Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.