All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows how librarians, teachers, and others can introduce children, ages 5 to 12, to the world of poetry. Presenting an assortment of possibilities, this reference features: advice on pairing poems with other genres across the school curriculum; 10 major strategies for enabling active audience participation; and more.
- Author BiographySylvia M. Vardell is currently Professor at Texas Woman's University in the School of Library and Information Studies, where she teaches graduate courses in children's and young adult literature. She has published articles in Book Links, Language Arts, English Journal, The Reading Teacher, The New Advocate, Young Children, Social Education, and Horn Book, as well as several chapters and books on language and literature. A presenter at many state, regional, national, and international conferences, Vardell organizes the Poetry Round Up session at the Texas Library Association conference, modeled after the ALSC Poetry Blast held at the annual ALA convention. She received her Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota in 1983.
- Author(s)Sylvia M. Vardell
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.