All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at the history of women police officers and provides accounts of women at almost every level, including those who drop out. This book addresses discrimination, competition, lack of mentoring, differential treatment, and sexual harassment. It looks at what plays into the decision to stick it out or leave that many policewomen face.
- Author BiographySandra K. Wells After 29 years, Sandra K. Wells retired as Cheif Investigator with the District Attorney's office in Pueblo, Colorado, and now teaches at Pueblo Community College and Colorado State University-Pueblo. She is the co-author of Wicked Women (2000) and Fleecing Grandma and Grandpa (Praeger, 2004). Betty L. Alt is Lecturer at Colorado State University and has published several books including Wicked Women (2000/2001), Black Soldiers, White Wars (Praeger, 2002), and Fleecing Grandma and Grandpa (Praeger, 2004).
- Author(s)Betty L. Alt,Sandra K. Wells
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
- £10.31Trending at £11.50
- £5.02Trending at £6.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.