All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the links between political economics, governance structures and the distribution of political power in economic policy making.
- Author BiographyGordon C. Rausser is the Robert Gordon Sproul Distinguished Professor, University of California, Berkeley. He has taught economics and statistics at several eminent universities, served as Dean of the College of Natural Resources at the University of California, Berkeley, and twice served as Chair of the Giannini Foundation. Professor Rausser is the author or editor of 18 books, including co-editor of the four-volume Handbook of Agricultural Economics with Bruce L. Gardner; he has won 16 national awards and honors for teaching and research. He has been an associate editor of the Journal of the American Statistical Association and the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control and an editor of the American Journal of Agricultural Economics, and he was recently named editor of the Annual Review of Resource Economics. He has also served as Senior Economist on the President's Council of Economic Advisors and Chief Economist at the Agency for International Development in Washington, DC. He co-founded LECG, Inc., and the Washington, DC-based Institute for Policy Reform. He has been elected a Fellow of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, the American Statistical Association and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Johan Swinnen is Professor of Economics and Director of the LICOS Institute for Institutions and Economic Performance at the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, as well as a Visiting Professor at Stanford University (2010-2013). He is also a Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for European Policy Studies in Brussels. Professor Swinnen earlier served as a Lead Economist at the World Bank and as an Economic Advisor in the Office of the Director General, Economic and Financial Affairs, of the European Commission. He has been a guest editor of several journals (including World Development and The World Economy) and an associate editor of the American Journal of Agricultural Economics, the European Review of Agricultural Economics and the Review of Business and Economics. Professor Swinnen has also been an economic advisor to the United Nations Development Programme, the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the International Fund for Agricultural Development. Among his recent books are From Marx and Mao to the Market: The Economics and Politics of Agricultural Transition and Global Supply Chains, Standards, and the Poor. The late Pinhas Zusman was Professor Emeritus in the Department of Agricultural Economics at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, where he taught for nearly 40 years. He began his professional career as Chief of Agricultural Planning for the Lachish Development Project in Israel from 1955 to 1957. After obtaining a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley in 1961, and returning to Israel, Professor Zusman began a long career advising the Israeli government, including the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Defense, as well as the World Bank, on economic matters. Professor Zusman was president of the Israeli Economic Association from 1986 to 1988 and served on the Board of Governors of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev from 1991 until his death. He also served as an associate editor of The Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Author(s)Gordon C. Rausser,Johan F. M. Swinnen,Pinhas Zusman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note59 b/w illus. 17 tables
- Weight840 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £16.92Trending at £18.22
- £22.90Trending at £23.15
- £11.71Trending at £12.02
- £12.07Trending at £12.95
- £16.03Trending at £17.88
- £14.51Trending at £15.62
- £13.91Trending at £19.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.