All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.01
- £8.95Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £8.75Trending at £9.14
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £21.48Trending at £29.18
About this product
- DescriptionLocated in the ambivalent realm between life and death, ghosts have always inspired cultural fascination as well as theoretical consideration. Ghosts are ubiquitous in contemporary critical theory and in literary and visual culture.
- Author BiographyEsther Peeren is Assistant Professor in Literary Studies at the University of Amsterdam. She has published articles on Mikhail Bakhtin, queer television, translation theory and the chronotopic dimension of diaspora. Her first book, entitled Intersubjectivities and Popular Culture: Bakhtin and Beyond appeared in 2007 with Stanford University Press and she also co-edited a collection of essays entitled The Shock of the Other: Situating Alterities (Rodopi, 2007). Currently, she is developing a project on spectrality in contemporary literature, television and film. Maria del Pilar Blanco is Lecturer in Latin American Studies at University College London. She has published on the haunted landscapes of the Americas, and is currently working on her manuscript titled Ghost-watching American Modernity: Haunting, Landscape, and the Hemispheric Imagination, which has been invited by Fordham University Press. She is beginning work on a project dealing with the interface between scientific invention and poetic invention in the works of fin-de-siecle Spanish American authors.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication13/05/2010
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byEsther Peeren,Maria del Pilar Blanco
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.