All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ernst Mayr
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication14/09/1972
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note51figs.32tabs.
- Weight535 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
- Table Of Contents1. Evolutionary Biology 2. Species Concepts and Their Application 3. Morphological Species Characters and Sibling Species 4. Biological Properties of Species 5. Isolating Mechanisms 6. The Breakdown of Isolating Mechanisms (Hybridization) 7. The Population, Its Variation and Genetics 8. Factors Reducing the Genetic Variation of Populations 9. Storage and Protection of Genetic Variation 10. The Unity of the Genotype 11. Geographic Variation 12. The Polytypic Species of the Taxonomist 13. The Population Structure of Species 14. Kinds of Species 15. Multiplication of Species 16. Geographic Speciation 17. The Genetics of Speciation 18. The Ecology of Speciation 19. Species and Transpecific Evolution 20. Man as a Biological Species Glossary Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyErnst Mayr is Alexander Agassiz Professor of Zoology, Emeritus, at Harvard University. He is also the recipient of numerous honorary degrees and awards, including the Crafoord Prize for Biology, the National Medal of Science, the Balzan Prize, and the Japan Prize.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.35Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.25Trending at £30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.