All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
General & Literary Fiction Books
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Chinaski is a lowlife loser with a hand-to-mouth existence. His menial post office day job supports a life of beer, one-night stands and racetracks.
- Author BiographyDuring his lifetime Bukowski published more than forty-five books of poetry and prose including the novels Post Office (1971) and Factotum (1975). He is one of America's most distinctive writers and a voice for both the outsider and lowlife Americana.
- Author(s)Charles Bukowski
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Weight127 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- steppewolf131327 Jan, 2012by
First book of Bukowski.
Bukowski is my favorite writer and this is his first one. I was a teenager when I started to read him and his books changed my life in many ways. I recommend everyone this book.
- matt_murdoch27 Aug, 2011by
First Appearance of Henry Chinaski!!!
Charles Bukowski's low life alter-ego, Henry Chinaski, finds it impossible to hold down a job, stay off the beer, away from the women and away from the race track. He's a drunk, a gambler, a womaniser. And a writer. This book, a black comedy and low-life satire, marks the first appearance of Chinaski. The character has been played by Mickey Rourke in ''Barfly'' and later by Matt Dillon in ''Factotum''. Dark, Dirty, Down Right Hilarious!!!
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £5.07
- £7.61Trending at £9.23
- £7.99Trending at £11.10
- £11.90Trending at £15.58
- £6.90Trending at £8.83
- £10.74Trending at £11.62
- £5.05Trending at £5.88