All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores everyday life in the new world order of global network. This book argues that network has come into its own as a state of mind and a way of life - in sum, a cultural norm. It examines network as an always-already condition - we are the network, and as such are living in a state of post-global network.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Marina Levina is a faculty member in the Media Studies Program at the University of California-Berkeley. She is currently working on a book titled Life as a Virus, Life as a Code: Biopolitics of Control over Post-Human Life. She has published work on personal genomics, health information technologies, genetic engineering, and cultural metaphors of scientific research. Her research interests include critical studies of science and technology, visual culture, and critical theory. Grant Kien is Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at California State University, East Bay. His research focuses on technography, qualitative approaches to technology research, globalization, communication and culture, mobility and communications networks as performative, symbolic, and interpretive spaces. Recent works include a full length book, Global Technography: Ethnography in the Age of Mobility (Peter Lang, 2009) and a chapter in the volume Material Culture and Technology in Everyday Life: Ethnographic Approaches (edited by Phillip Vannini, Peter Lang, 2009).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2010
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number60
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight430 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGrant Kien,Marina Levina
- Edition Statement1st New title
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.