All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe book presents an analysis of empirical data on immigrant child poverty in the context of a controversial debate on the European migration policy, with special reference to Switzerland and France. It presents an alternative approach based on child rights and social justice.
- Author BiographyDR. AJIT BHALLA a Visiting Professor at the School of Contemporary Chinese Studies, University of Nottingham, UK, was formerly Fellow of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, UK and Special Advisor to the President of International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Ottawa. Earlier he had a distinguished career in the United Nations Civil Service. He has held academic positions at Cambridge, Oxford, Yale and Manchester. He is the author/editor of 18 books. His recent publications include: Poverty and Exclusion in a Global World (also in Japanese); Poverty and Inequality among Chinese Minorities; In Search of Roots and Royal Tombs of India. PROFESSOR PETER MCCORMICK is Prince Franz-Joseph II and Princess Gina Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the International Academy of Philosophy in the Principality of Liechtenstein, and former Professor of Philosophy at the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is Vice-President of the International Institute of Philosophy in Paris, Vice-President of the Scientific and Strategic Orientation Committee of the College de France, and Member of the Conseil de l'Ecole de Doctorat at the Institut Catholique de Paris. A former Fulbright Scholar in Paris, Humbolt Scholar in Germany, Canadian Killam Scholar, and Visiting Scholar in Philosophy at Harvard, he holds a Doctorat d'Etat from the University of Paris. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
- Author(s)A. S. Bhalla,Peter McCormick
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/03/2009
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.