All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.35Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.25Trending at £30.82
About this product
- DescriptionCrystal structure analysis from powder diffraction data has attracted considerable and ever growing interest. This book talks about powder diffraction used in X-ray and neutron diffraction, where it is a powerful method in neutron diffraction for the determination of magnetic structures.
- Author BiographyGeorg Will studied physics and crystallography a the Technische Hochschule Munchen. In 1961 he moved to the USA, where he worked at the Brook National Laboratory, where in collaboration with Walter Hamilton the idea was born to analyse crystal structure from powder diffraction data using a POWLS program. A decisive step forward came in the 1980's when he worked with Bill Parrish at the IBM Research Laboratory in San Jose, California. At that time the two stage method was developed to its present state, beginning the analysis of computer based profile fitting followed by least squares refinements and Fourier methods. He returned to Germany in 1965 and to Bonn in 1969, where he concentrated on neuron diffraction for the study of crystal and magnetic strucutres using the two stage method .The Rietveld method was also applied, although it was only useful for limited and some well defined problems. Later he extended his interest to in-situ high pressure diffraction with synchroton radiation. In 1990 with the newly developed position-sensitive detector JULIOS, diffraction experiments were started at the spallation source ISIS in England. Through the simultaneous recording of angles and energies, this detector in combination with the two stage method gave a specific advantage in studying powders as well as single crystals (Laue diffraction) with spallation source neutrons.
- Author(s)Georg Will,Teja Tscharntke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication17/11/2005
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight509 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.