All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsiders the liberal education that universities purport to offer, and proposes various ways to think about liberal learning. This book begins by defining basic values of modernity and then considering various curricular principles. It attempts to construct a paradigm for liberal arts applicable to various settings in the world.
- Author BiographyDonald N. Levine is the Peter B. Ritzma Professor of Sociology at the University of Chicago, where he served as dean of the College from 1982 to 1987. He is the author of several books, including Visions of the Sociological Tradition, The Flight from Ambiguity, and Wax and Gold: Tradition and Innovation in Ethiopian Culture.
- Author(s)Donald N. Levine
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/09/2007
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note7 line drawings
- Weight444 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.05
- £8.24Trending at £8.87
- £8.65Trending at £8.87
- £17.94Trending at £18.46
- £8.88Trending at £11.87
- £14.54Trending at £15.33
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.