All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombines collective biography with an analysis of the function of the bar in a rapidly changing socioeconomic setting. This work shows how law practice changed with the establishment of large firms and bar associations, and how the state's boom-and-bust economy made debt collection the lawyer's bread and butter.
- Author BiographyGordon Morris Bakken is a professor of history at California State University, Fullerton. His books include The Development of Law on the Rocky Mountain Frontier, 1850-1912 (1983), and his articles have appeared in the American Journal of Legal History and other publications.
- Author(s)Gordon Morris Bakken
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleLaw in the American West
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus.
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.