All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Mark Braunstein
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- The Current Situation.- Unique Complexity.- EHR Adoption and Meaningful Use.- Technologies for Sharing Health Information.- Technologies to Assure Privacy, Security and Trust.- Data Standards.- Interoperability Standards.- EHR Design and Usability Challenges.- Patient Engagement and Empowerment.- Population and Public Health.- Aggregating Data.- Health Big Data and Analytics.- The Road Ahead.
- Author BiographyMark L. Braunstein, MD, is Professor of the Practice at Georgia Tech's School of Interactive Computing where he teaches health informatics. As Associate Director of the Institute for People and Technology he fosters interdisciplinary research and teaching directed at re-engineering the healthcare delivery system. At the Tennenbaum Institute he is involved in research in healthcare process mining. At the Interoperability & Integration Innovation Lab (I3L), he is involved in community and industry outreach projects with lab partners aimed at more facile adoption of HIT to improve the quality and efficiency of care delivery. He is also an Associate Editor of the IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics and an invited contributor to the Information Week HealthCare blog. Prior to joining Georgia Tech in 2007, he founded several successful health IT companies and previously served on the faculty of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) where he developed one of the first functional ambulatory electronic medical record systems. He earned a BS degree from MIT in 1969, an MD degree from MUSC in 1974 and completed an internship in internal medicine at Washington University in 1975.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.87Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.