All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures Precious who befriends a new boy to her school called Pontsho and his sister Teb, and when she goes to their home, she discovers that they have an unusual pet, a very clever meerkat called Kosi. When Pontsho and Teb become very upset when their cow goes missing, Precious decides to use her detective skills to solve the mystery.
- Author BiographyAlexander McCall Smith was born in Zimbabwe and educated there and in Scotland. He has written over 60 books for children and adults, including the hugely successful No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. He has an interest in languages and in the protection and development of those under threat, and it is for this reason that he has generously allowed the story of Precious Ramotswe's earliest cases to be translated into Scots, the language of Lowland Scotland. James Robertson is a co-founder of Itchy Coo. He writes books for both adults and children, in English and in Scots. His novel The Testament of Gideon Mack was long-listed for the Man Booker Prize in 2006 and featured on the Richard and Judy Book Club in 2007. For Itchy Coo he has translated Roald Dahl's The Fantastic Mr Fox and A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh into Scots.
- Author(s)Alexander McCall Smith
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintItchy Coo
- Content Noteillustrated throughout
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Iain McIntosh
- Translated byJames Robertson
- Interest Age9+
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £6.20Trending at £7.98
- £8.01Trending at £8.34
- £2.81Trending at £5.23
- £6.67Trending at £7.43
- £11.99Trending at £14.99
- £13.75Trending at £17.07
- £16.80Trending at £24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.