All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCultural history enthusiasts have asserted the urgent need to protect digital information from imminent loss. This book describes methodology for long-term preservation of all kinds of digital documents. It justifies this methodology using 20th century theory of knowledge communication.
- Author BiographyHenry M. Gladney is an industry consultant for digital preservation and document management. In 2001, he founded his own company, HMG Consulting, based in Saratoga, CA, after having worked for IBM Research for decades, designing - among other systems - a digital library service that is the core of today's IBM Content Manager(R). He is a regular author in the top ACM periodicals, holds eleven patents, and produces the Digital Document Quarterly , an online newsletter that has discussed preservation extensively.
- Author(s)Henry M. Gladney
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.