All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book argues that in contract societies prestige is no longer an important dimension of social stratification. Empirical research shows a disruption of occupational prestige distribution patterns and low consensus in prestige ratings in Poland. Yet, all social classes still recognise prestige as a valid framework of reference.
- Author BiographyHenryk Domanski is Professor of Sociology at the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw, Head of the Department of Social Structure and Head of the Department of Studies on Methods and Techniques of Sociological Research. His main interests are social stratification and mobility, labour market segmentation, inequality of sex and methodology of social research.
- Author(s)Henryk Domanski
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleStudies in Social Sciences, Philosophy and History of Ideas
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byPatrycja Poniatowska
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.34Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.