Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £35.91Trending at £36.83
- £12.07Trending at £17.98
- £24.40Trending at £27.07
- £20.63Trending at £28.98
- £6.79Trending at £8.47
- £7.78Trending at £8.98
- £9.97Trending at £10.28
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated with significant new material to guide dance medicine specialists and educators in promoting the physical and psychological wellbeing of dancers. Comprehensive coverage of dance injuries, including screening, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehab. New chapters on tendonitis, eating disorders, female athlete triad.
- Author BiographyRuth Solomon, Professor Emerita, has been a distinguished performer and choreographer in the modern dance idiom for many years. Also a dance educator of note, she cofounded the dance department at New York University Tisch School of the Arts and directed the dance program at the University of California at Santa Cruz from 1970 until her retirement in 2000. Her articles on dance have appeared in all major periodicals in the field, and her research in dance medicine has resulted in articles in medical journals and chapters in medical texts. She was the National Dance Association's Scholar of the Year in 1992, Dance Professional of the Year in 1998, and Heritage Honoree in 2003. She serves on the board of directors of the International Association of Dance Medicine & Science and on the editorial board of the Journal of Dance Medicine & Science.John Solomon, PhD, is a freelance editor who has coauthored or edited numerous texts in the field of dance medicine and science. He is cocompiler of the Dance Medicine & Science Bibliography (1996, 2001, 2004) and Abstracts from the Current Literature, a regular feature of the Journal of Dance Medicine & Science. He is also coeditor of the groundbreaking book East Meets West in Dance: Voices in the Cross-Cultural Dialogue (1995). Sandra Cerny Minton, PhD, was professor and dance director at the University of Northern Colorado from 1972 to 1998. She has also been a dance specialist in the Arts Infusion Program in Denver Public Schools. She frequently presents workshops for teachers, conducts research, and writes. Her books include Body & Self (1989), Modern Dance: Body & Mind (1991), Dance Mind & Body (2003), and Choreography, Second Edition: A Basic Approach Using Improvisation (1997). Dr. Minton's research has focused on the behavior of dance teachers, the role of imagery in dance teaching, and the effects of dance on self-esteem and creative thinking. Dr. Minton's work has been published in many dance journals. In 1999 Dr. Minton was selected as the National Dance Association Artist/Scholar, and in 2001 she taught in Finland as a Fulbright Scholar.
- Author(s)John Solomon,Ruth Solomon,Sandra Minton
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width214 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.