All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new edition of this popular text for primary trainees which is aimed at consolidating and developing their English teaching skills. Offering practical guidance for creative English teaching, it has been updated in line with the new National Curriculum.
- Author BiographyJane Medwell taught in primary schools in Cardiff and South Devon, before moving into teacher education. She has lectured at the Universities of Cardiff, Plymouth and the College of St Mark and St John, and is currently Director of Teacher Education and Associate Professor at the University of Warwick. Her research and writing has covered areas such as the teaching of writing and the use of electronic books to teach reading. More recently she has begun a major research programme exploring the teaching of handwriting, and has begun a unique programme of teacher education in primary Modern Foreign Languages. She is fluent in French and Russian, and is learning Chinese. David Wray taught in primary schools for 10 years and is currently Professor of Literacy Education at the University of Warwick. He has published over 40 books on aspects of literacy teaching and is best known for his work on developing teaching strategies to help pupils access the curriculum through literacy. His work was made an integral part of the National Literacy Strategy in England at both primary (1997) and secondary (2001) levels. More recently he has acted as consultant to a number of electronic learning projects and has begun new research programs exploring the importance and teaching of handwriting, and the use of mobile learning devices. Hilary Minns co-ordinates primary English courses in the Institute of /par1/Education, University of Warwick. Vivienne Griffiths is a Professor of Education at Canterbury Christ Church University. Elizabeth Coates works in the Institute of Education, University of Warwick, where she co-ordinates Early Years courses.
- Author(s)David Wray,Elizabeth A. Coates,Hilary Minns,Jane A. Medwell,Vivienne Griffiths
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width175 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.20Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.